Tuesday, 10 November 2009
Slugs
Slug in the lettuce - agh! Actually, the slug was crawling along my hand, so I can only assume it came from the lettuce. I love organic food - and safe in the knowledge that I've been eating slugs and caterpillars and assorted tiny fauna for years. Mother washes hers in salt, but I ain't quite so fussy. But again, I thank her for raising me to have no fear. Poor slug was dashed to the floor, and the dog snaffled it up. Was this a fast end to our tiny friend, or is it now washing around in the juices of Ruby's intestines? It's probably dead by now, and I doubt if it had much in the line of pain. The lettuce is in my sandwiches for the morrow, maybe with a few bits of live matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment